Thank YOU for visiting the JAGged Edge Boutique! We are so excited that you are here!
We hope you will enjoy our stories, ideas and craft products for sale. We are not just here to make a buck, this is our passion. The profits made from our crafts will be used in numerous ways…of course we will be using some to buy more crafting supplies, then there are some charities that will benefit from our sales (Hope Aid International and The Future Hope Project), and also some life events that we are looking forward to…(J) Baby #2, (A) Adoption, & (G) Wedding Bliss! You will find a PayPal link under each craft item posted for sale, if you see something you can’t live without just click that link to purchase. From there you can give us your info and any personalization details or requests you have. Thank you again for helping us on this adventure, we hope you enjoy it as much as we are!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

J...

Crafting/Creativity has been a life long passion of mine. It started with dressing my Barbie's and baby dolls, then moved to rearranging my room about once a month and decorating every inch of my walls. My Mom always had a passion for crafts, she would cross stitch to which I was amazed...I'm that girl with the glasses and super bad vision so trying to put the needle in a tiny hole and make a pattern is just not happening with me. We would have craft days together...we bought stock in Creative Memories when they first came out, made lots of things with the hot glue gun but most of all we had fun. It was a time we spent together that I always looked forward to.

In school I took every Home Economics, Sewing, Yearbook Design and Fashion Careers course I could get my hands on. I started that route because they were things that could balance the mundane of the required classes! But it didn't take long for me to really love it and find myself through all the projects. There were many phases during that time...Tom Boy, Preppy, Cowgirl, Athletic, Skater Girl, etc, etc. But then I found ME, I don't think I quite fit any of those molds but more specifically a little of each of them and I love it!

Once school finished I really didn't spend too much time worrying about crafts. I did life and spent all my energy trying to enjoy it. You know how the song goes, but once the news of the baby in the baby carriage came into play by creativity went WILD! I started scrapbooking my heart out, I have nearly every second of my pregnancy on paper and her 1st year was about the same! I started to realize the part of me that had been missing during the years prior, there was nothing I was doing that allowed me to reach that place in my mind where I could just let go, crafting does that for me! It's my crack!

The kid is 7 now and crafting is still my passion, and even better we get to do some of it together! I LOVE being creative, or toying with ideas and so meeting Abbie and Gin was just God's way of encouraging me to keep on, I'm sure of it. These 2 girls keep my creative spark alive and I am so thankful for that. I am not afraid to try anything, and thankfully between the 3 of us we have all dabbled in a bit of everything so once we put our minds together it's pure brilliance, or at least that's what I like to tell myself! :) If I had to pick my favorite craftiness I would say sewing, decorating and anything personalized. Getting married brought on my obsession with the letter B and it hasn't stopped from there. I think personalization is as special as it gets, there is nothing better than giving or getting something that was made ESPECIALLY for you! And I love to give gifts so I spend a lot of my time and energy finding ways to personalize anything...I'm sure you will figure that out pretty quick!

I am so excited for this adventure and so thankful that you stopped by to check out us JAG girls! I think between the 3 of us we can bring a little something for everyone and by all means if there is something you are looking for and don't see please don't hesitate to ask us!!!
JAG Signature.Jess

2 comments:

  1. Erika Warren-GeorgeAugust 4, 2009 at 10:49 AM

    I'm so excited for you! Good luck!! I'm sure I'll be a devoted customer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO EXCITING!!! You know...I have been checking this blog for a while now wondering when you guys would start writing on it. :-)

    WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE POSTING MERCHANDISE?!?! I am in need of a shopping fix. :-)

    ReplyDelete