Thank YOU for visiting the JAGged Edge Boutique! We are so excited that you are here!
We hope you will enjoy our stories, ideas and craft products for sale. We are not just here to make a buck, this is our passion. The profits made from our crafts will be used in numerous ways…of course we will be using some to buy more crafting supplies, then there are some charities that will benefit from our sales (Hope Aid International and The Future Hope Project), and also some life events that we are looking forward to…(J) Baby #2, (A) Adoption, & (G) Wedding Bliss! You will find a PayPal link under each craft item posted for sale, if you see something you can’t live without just click that link to purchase. From there you can give us your info and any personalization details or requests you have. Thank you again for helping us on this adventure, we hope you enjoy it as much as we are!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Photobucket



Ruffles Have Ridges


"Can't have just one."

I can never remember which slogan goes with which brand - thankfully with these cute, ruffled shirts, both applies! I know I promised a post on wedding decorations but I saw the idea for these adorable shirts and couldn't resist! Plus, I really needed to figure out what to wear to work tomorrow.

I wish I could take credit for these, but I saw them somewhere else. I wish I could remember the link because I would LOVE to give credit where credit is due, but I don't so I can only let you know that it's not my original idea...much to my dismay... isn't it brilliant?!

I recently upgraded my camera and I can't say I'm too thrilled with it so sorry for the not so super pictures. Above, you can see the ruffles in all of their ruffly glory, are they not the cutest?! Here's a close up shot...

I would love to make one for you, but they're so simple to make I think you might have more fun making them yourself! Here's the deal... buy two shirts. One in your size and one in the biggest size you can find. (Actually, a small will do but why settle for less fabric when you can buy more and use it for something else? Or make more shirts for your friends?)
Choose a shape and cut a 2-3" template piece from cardboard or any thick material. I used the cover of an old phone book with a heart shape. Simply place the shape on the shirt (double layered), pin, and cut. For the above shirt I used about 10 hearts (so five cuts). Then, starting at the top seam, start sewing them on! I used my machine but it could very easily be done by hand. In fact, had a good show been on television I would have preferred needle and thread! I stitched maybe 6-8 stitches backwards and forwards and moved on -- I did not even think about placing the pieces on, I just sewed, looked at it, added another, etc... I'm working on a plum colored shirt now and so far it doesn't really look quite the same.
This is such an easy way to spice up a regular old t-shirt! I snagged this yellow one at Target for $6.98 and I have plenty of fabric from the spare cutter shirt to make a few for gifts (Christmas is right around the corner!).
So what do you think? Easy project? I'm thinking that if you had some old t-shirts it would be easy to pick up a similar shade and add to a current shirt, the contrast in color might be a nice, funky piece for fall. Oh and just imagine the big, chunky bracelets that would totally make this outfit pop?!
I'm getting carried away already! Wouldn't this be the most perfect project for a girls night?

JAG Signature.Gin

No comments:

Post a Comment