Thank YOU for visiting the JAGged Edge Boutique! We are so excited that you are here!
We hope you will enjoy our stories, ideas and craft products for sale. We are not just here to make a buck, this is our passion. The profits made from our crafts will be used in numerous ways…of course we will be using some to buy more crafting supplies, then there are some charities that will benefit from our sales (Hope Aid International and The Future Hope Project), and also some life events that we are looking forward to…(J) Baby #2, (A) Adoption, & (G) Wedding Bliss! You will find a PayPal link under each craft item posted for sale, if you see something you can’t live without just click that link to purchase. From there you can give us your info and any personalization details or requests you have. Thank you again for helping us on this adventure, we hope you enjoy it as much as we are!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Polymer Clay Please, Hold the Cheese

I was the lucky recipient of some polymer clay a few weeks ago. As I sat and chatted with the friend that gave it to me, I squished it around in my fingers wondering what I could with it. I've played around plenty with clay, but not polymer clay. I thought of the cheesy things I've seen made with polymer clay. Oh, yes-I said cheesy. You know the stuff--don't pretend you didn't think the same thing when I said polymer clay! And even cheesy stuff has it's place in our lives, but not always does it work well on your neck with your new favorite scarf.

I felt challenged by my new gift. The challenge? Coming up with something that someone would wear with minimal research of designs already out there.

I went to the store and picked up some more supplies and got to work. I guess work would hardly be the word for this project. I had a GREAT time making these necklace pendants, but I've also always enjoyed making things with things like clay and playdoh. I was like a kid in a polymer clay candy store. Then add to the fact that I could paint it--I was sold!

So here's what I came up with...









Each pendant is made with polymer clay and is either completely painted or has painted accents. Then each one has 2 acrylic gloss coats on top of the paint. And includes a sterling silver stem to hang from a chain.

I have these ready to send out and a few more that are waiting to be finished. Want one? I'd love to sell one or more to you for $8.99 each (including shipping, does not include necklace). OR if you are up to the challenge-let me know that you would like to try it yourself and we can talk about the details. If you are looking for something specific in color or design-let me know!






(Includes Shipping)






JAG Signature.Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment